Diets don’t work…but you knew that didn’t you! That is why you are here, you have read the AMAZING reviews on Supercharged (if you haven’t yet CLICK HERE) and want to see what the fuss is about.
Like me you will have most probably been there done that, slimming world, weight watchers, slim fast, cabbage soup diet, grapefruit and egg diet (yuck that one was horrid), 5:2 diet, to name but a few…and heres the thing…you are still looking for something to ‘fix’ you. Well listen up (yes this is tough!) and here is the secret YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOU. You are not ‘broken’ you don’t need a ‘fix’, years of unhelpful behaviours, spurred on by the media, our constant thoughts that ‘I would be so much happier if I were a size 12”I really should get into that bikini this year’…its not helpful, it doesn’t work. Supercharged Club is all about finding out what works for YOU, how the foods we eat affect our mood, our energy, our hormones. It is not a diet, it is a new way of eating at being at peace with food, for encouraging a great relationship with yourself, nourishing our bodies and our minds.
So here is our TOP 5 TIPS on how to lose the ‘diet mindset’ – try it what have you got to lose!
- Ditch the scales! A number on the scales can and all affect your mood, how you eat and what you eat. Not a helpful behaviour, and one that we can become pretty obsessed with. Put them in the shed.
- Try cleaning up your language – we very often refer to food as ‘good’ and ‘bad’ or indeed ourselves having been ‘good’ or ‘bad’ with our food choices. Try using ‘always’ ‘sometimes’ i.e. vegetables are an ‘always’ food, whereas hobnobs are a ‘sometimes’ food. The language we use is key, and even if those words aren’t spoken out loud they are in your head, where the most important conversations happen, listen in to what you are saying to yourself.
- Be mindful. Yep you have probably heard about mindfulness, maybe even taken a course, read a book, or listened to a friend about it. Most of us are not able to be truly mindful with everything, all of the time, and that is ok. Try being mindful about the choices that you are making at meal times, stop and think ‘is this going to nourish my body?’ ‘is this going to give me the energy I need?’ ‘How is this going to affect my mood?’
- Try not to look backwards, although it is sometimes helpful to look at past behaviours, it is not helpful to look at pictures of you in a bikini at 18. How does it make you feel? crap? like you will never get back there? well here is the thing, you won’t! imagining that we can look like we did 10 or 20 years ago is just not physically possible, yes you could look better but it will be a different better! Look forward, aim high, challenge yourself, visualise where you want to be in a new state of mind, from a new perspective.
- Set goals. Get really specific, date, what you want to achieve, then work backwards. How would you like to feel? What would you like to wear? WRITE IT DOWN, get a plan together……what is the next best thing you can do?
Want to find a like-minded bunch of women to help you get where you want to be? To have some cheerleaders right there with you when it gets tough? Support makes the biggest difference when we want to make a change, and thats why we do our talking on a closed Facebook page, that is why we have created a safe place for you to try new things, being kind to yourself, supporting each other every step of the way.
Look forward to meeting you on the next mission.